Congratulations on taking the first steps in investing in a South Carolina vacation rental. If you are from out-of-state, you might not be familiar with our state’s home inspection requirements. We’ve created this South Carolina home inspection checklist to help guide you, so you can focus on the fun parts of buying a beach house.
We would love to help you find your dream investment property. Contact us today at Charleston Coast Vacation, and we’ll answer questions you have whether it be able real estate or property management.
How to Plan For Your South Carolina Home Inspection Checklist
Why You Need to Get a Home Inspection
It’s no secret that buying a home involves many steps and hiring a home inspector is one of them. Once your offer on a home has been accepted, you have to ensure the home meets certain standards. These requirements are important because the sale of the property is typically contingent on the results of the inspection.
What You Need to Have on Your South Carolina Home Inspection Checklist
Inspection requirements can be set by you, the type of mortgage you use, and other factors. It’s important to know what these requirements are, so you don’t hit any problems during closing. However, every South Carolina home inspection will check specific components of the home.
- An evaluation of the lot to check drainage and lot lines
- Identify any structural or foundational problems
- An evaluation of the roof
- An evaluation of the exterior which includes siding, porches, driveways, etc.
- An evalution of the interior which includes the attic, walls, ceilings, floors, etc.
- Identify any major problems with the electrical system
- An evaluation of the plumbing which includes pipes, sewer lines, water heaters, etc.
- An evaluation of the heating and cooling systems which includes HVAC systems, fireplaces, furnaces, etc. to ensure they are up to code
- If appliances convey with the home, they will be tested the enure the work properly.
We Can Help You With Your Real Estate Needs
Whether you’re deciding where you want to buy your investment property or are looking for a property management company, we can help! We have decades of experience in the Lowcountry and are extremely in tune with the market. We focus on our owners’ goals and optimize our strategies to ensure we align with their vision. Our team is second to none in the area and works tirelessly to make your vacation homeowner dream become a reality.
Whether you’re just taking the first step or want to switch over from another company, Charleston Coast Vacations is here for you! Contact us today and learn more about our real estate and PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES today!